I saw the title of today's blog on a billboard on my way to the grocery store yesterday. I was so struck by it that I replayed the quote over and over in my mind throughout the day. I reflected on whether or not I believe I am living my life with honor. Of course my first thought was sure I am. But, am I truly reflecting on what honor means before answering to myself? Would other people view me as honorable? Now, I know, if we are working on self-study why do we care what people think but sometimes others' perceptions can help us see ourselves more clearly.
So, like the former English teacher I am, I decided to ponder the dictionary definitions of honor...
- Honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions: a person of honor
- a source of credit or distinction: to be an honor to one's own family
- high respect, as for worth, merit or rank: to be held in honor.
- such respect manifested: a memorial in honor of the dead
- high public esteem, fame, glory
Namaste My Dear Friends.
Inspirational Thought
"Mine honour is my life; both grow in one; take honour from me and my life is done." ~William Shakespeare
Tidbits for and about Life
READ! So many people say they aren't readers. I don't get that! To me that statement just means they haven't found the genre that motivates them. Read, read, read until you do find the genre and then read everything that genre has to offer! If you are a reader, push out of your comfort genre. I find that reading helps me explore more about myself. And, sometimes there are these great characters who I admire that change the way I view the world. It's worth it!
Check out this awesome studio! Take a class, get to know the amazing instructors and enjoy your journey of self discovery, pinklotusnj.com
No comments:
Post a Comment