You know what I really like about this new found dynamic? My life during the day is very quiet. I've never had that before. I didn't realize how much I surrounded myself with people and noise until it was gone. It's like my mind is on this extremely peaceful hiking trip in nature. And, honestly, at the moment, I'm enjoying it. I'm learning to become more decisive, less stressed, more open to everything around me. And, I'm able to listen to the little messages my Mom plops into my head every once in a while. A song she always sang is just in there, a word or a phrase she would always use just pops up. Mostly it's the things she hasn't said in years that I find the most delightful when they appear.
Part of my practice with Yoga is learning to quiet my mind, to meditate, to find peace without all the mind chatter. I always struggled with this. Sure, I would go through the motions, dust off my meditation pillow, sit and empty my mind. But once I was finished, I would head right back to the noise of life feeling the same way I did before the meditation session. I am learning I don't need to do anything structured or fancy to become quiet and to hold onto the quiet. I just give myself permission to sit in a place of peace throughout the day.
Where is this lesson taking us you might ask? I know not everyone has long moments of quiet throughout the day and not everyone practices Yoga. Simply look for that time. Maybe it's in the car when you are commuting, or right before you climb into bed at night. Find a few moments to turn off the noise. It's not easy, trust me but it will be worth it! Quiet is a beautiful thing, available to us as often as we choice to seek it out.
Namaste My Dear Friends.
Inspirational Thought/Tidbits for and about Life
“Each place is the right place--the place where I now am can be a sacred space.”
~Ravi Ravindra
Kenucky is known as the Bluegrass State. I have been fascinated by this because quite frankly the grass looks as green here as it does in the North East. I did a little research and this is what I found..."Bluegrass is not really blue--its green--but in the spring bluegrass produces bluish purple buds that when seen in large fields give a blue cast to the grass." I'm looking forward to my first Spring here to gaze upon the bluegrass. If I find any come Spring, I'll post some pictures!
Check out this awesome studio! Take a class, get to know the amazing instructors and enjoy your journey of self discovery, pinklotusnj.com
If you enjoy my blog, please follow my great friend, Kelly, at Mind-Body-Soul Living.
If you enjoy my blog, please follow my great friend, Kelly, at Mind-Body-Soul Living.
No comments:
Post a Comment