Who doesn't have a Alex and Ani bracelet these days or know someone who does? Me, I'm slightly, borderline obsessed with them! Mostly, I love the cards that come with the bracelets. I am a firm believer in putting things on my body that mean something. I have been wearing the same necklace since 2010, the same earrings since 2006 and the same ring...okay it's my wedding ring...since 2000. These items all mean something to me. So, I absolutely cherish this new "fad" in jewelry.
My most recent bracelet came from my cousin. It's called "Take The Wheel". The wheel charm is reminiscent of the wheel of a boat. The card details the significance of this wheel. "Your inner compass will steer you in the right direction. Providing you with guidance on your life's journey, it points the way that leads to a brighter future. Embrace a new start, take the wheel, and realize that all things are possible when you trust your inner power." I LOVE THIS. The Yoga girl in me just finds the whole thing very 3rd eye. The self study girl in me see this as a powerful reminder to trust myself.
In all honesty though, we don't have to make a big move, change jobs, start writing a book to embrace a new start. Each day, each moment is a choice. Are we going to look at where we are in our journey, analyze our self at that moment and move forward or keep standing in the same place?
Confession time, I am prone to depression and anxiety. I have been medicated for it off and on over a number of years. My Yoga practice has given me the tools I need to deal with the things life throws my way. But, with the death of my Mom, some days the lure to stay in bed is so strong I am just proud of myself if I get off the couch! You know what I learned...that is okay. Each day is a moment. Accept who we are at that moment but don't let it pull us under. Keep moving. Take the wheel and remember that all things are possible. One of many of my Mom's famous phrases was "give yourself a shake". Sometimes this phrase would bug the s*$% out of me, but that phrase has kept me moving these past few months.
For me, a huge part of self study is knowing where my emotions are headed and remembering I have the tools inside me to move forward. I use Yoga and exercise to release whatever I am dealing with, to face it feeling stronger. Figure out what works for you and commit to it!
Namaste My Dear Friends.
Inspirational Thought/Tidbits for and about Life
More words from my brother who various talks for work and always includes a life lesson, something fun and obvious that we think but may not articulate. This is one of my favorites!
"When waiting for your luggage at baggage claim at the airport you are to stay five steps back from the carousel as to not crowd it for other people who need to grab their luggage as well. When you see your bag simply step up, grab it and step away. The hovering of the baggage claim carousel is one of the largest offenses in this world."
Perfect gift...Alex and Ani...check them out. A portion of the proceeds from each purchase is donated to charity. I love that about this company.
Perfect gift...Alex and Ani...check them out. A portion of the proceeds from each purchase is donated to charity. I love that about this company.
Check out this awesome studio! Take a class, get to know the amazing instructors and enjoy your journey of self discovery, pinklotusnj.com
No comments:
Post a Comment