What does this all mean you may ask? Well, as I planned my trip home for the holiday (yes, I still consider NJ my home at this point) I prepared myself for the emotional onslaught of this first Christmas without my Mom, this first Christmas where my children will not wake up in their own house, this first Christmas where I will not be hosting my family around the dinner table in my own dining room. A lot has changed in 2015. And through this change I have become lost.
Even though all of these things are true about this Christmas, I have found a ray of hope instead of grief and sadness. Sometimes the best way to be found is to look into the eyes of the people who truly love you. These people hold your light for you when you are lost, to help you find your way back to yourself. Relationships this true are the miracle. People so unconditionally present in your life are the miracle.
Remember the thing we used in science class to light the Bunsen burner? With each squeeze of the handle a spark would flare. With the help of others, that's me, inside, flicker after flicker working to bring back the light. Self-study lesson, and this is a big one for me, let people help you when you are lost because you don't have to do it alone. Look into the eyes of people who truly see you to find yourself again. Even if you just catch a glimpse, it's enough. It's a reminder. I'm thinking/hoping the rest will come when you are ready.
Merry Christmas and Namaste My Dear Friends!
Inspirational Thought/Tidbits for and about Life
A great quote to take with you into the New Year: "Change is the only evidence of life." ~Evelyn Waugh
Check out my sons weekly NFL updates, injury lists and analysis at itizjman.blogspot.com. So proud of him!
Check out this awesome studio! Take a class, get to know the amazing instructors and enjoy your journey of self discovery, pinklotusnj.com
If you enjoy my blog, please follow my great friend, Kelly, at Mind-Body-Soul Living.
If you enjoy my blog, please follow my great friend, Kelly, at Mind-Body-Soul Living.
No comments:
Post a Comment