Thursday, January 7, 2016

New Year, new you? Who says?!?

I'm not a big believer in New Year's Resolutions. I only kept one resolution in my entire 42 years of life. I thought a lot about whether or not I wanted to make one this year to see if I can repeat the one year victory. After much thought, I decided No. Truly, in my soul, I feel that what we are doing here...self study...is enough. This is the path. Why judge ourselves for being too this or not enough that? Like I say to my kids, and they say to each other, "There are plenty of people in the world to be mean to us, we don't need to be mean to each other." The same is true for our internal dialogue. Just sit with yourself. Embrace and love all parts of who you are. Decide to live a better version of you by getting to know yourself this year. Continue this path with me.

With that said, go ahead and spend some time reflecting on the year that's passed. Truth be told, I really hated 2015! There has never been a year that I hated but I hated that one. But, you know what, I may have suffered this past year, more than some and less than a lot of others, I am stronger now. I am a better version of myself. All of this time, through this blog, I was trying to find a way back to myself. A dear friend changed my perspective on that journey. I will never be Colleen from before, life has changed me. Time to let go, move forward, and trust the path that I am on. So, look back and move forward with your newest version. You and I have the power to make 2016 anything we want it to be.

I'm heading out of the country for a few weeks to journey alongside a group of Yogis training to be Yoga teachers with my beautiful Guru, mentor and friend, Marianne Wells. Costa Rica here I come...I know, poor me :). Use the next few weeks to discover something new about yourself. Message me on Facebook or email me at liveurdharma@gmail.com. I want to hear your story.

Much love to all of you in this new year. May your path of self study be filled with light and hope.

Namaste my dear friends,
Colleen


Inspirational Thought/Tidbits for and about Life

Need a vacation? Costa Rica was named one of the happiest places on earth by the Travel Channel, Happiest Place!  Start planning!!!!!!!! 

My amazing football obsessed son, along with my equally football obsessed husband, are now posting videos of mock NFL drafts. Check them out ahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIWmzbu5Lmg

Check out this awesome studio! Take a class, get to know the amazing instructors and enjoy your journey of self discovery, pinklotusnj.com

No comments:

Post a Comment