My Yoga teacher in Kentucky, who is such a gift in my life, said the most profound thing in class the other day. To paraphrase she was talking about change and growth. How it's important for us to change and grow through our lives in order to fulfill the blueprint that has been laid out for us. Literally, I almost burst into tears! I was so angry at first thinking I already did that! I followed the path, I had it right there, everyday! I'm tired, you know! At the ripe old age of 42 I'm too tired to follow the blueprint any further. (Cue the violins please!)
My blueprint changed when we decided to move to Kentucky. This is not a negative thing! I know there is a reason for this path but it can be hard to NOT grab ahold of the negative and let it fester, right?! The image of the blueprint and the truth behind the meaning has stayed with me the last few days. During class I could have allowed the emotions to take over, fed the anger but I reminded myself of what we are doing here. Self study is the blueprint. Now that the journey is out in front of me I don't want to roll it back up and place it tightly into one of those circular tubes. My mind went back to the old Cherokee Legend that I love and use often as a mantra:
The Two Wolves
"One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, “My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.
The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, generosity, empathy, truth, compassion and faith.” The grandson thought about this for a minute and then asked the grandfather, “Which wolf wins?” The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”
Namaste My Dear Friends.
Inspirational Thought/Tidbits for and about Life
The Cherokee Legend is a great tidbit and inspiration for today!
Have you signed up for Lotusfest yet!!!!!!???? Take a class, get to know the amazing instructors and enjoy your journey of self discovery, pinklotusnj.com
No comments:
Post a Comment