The past 5 months has taught me a lot about life, loss and the incredible capacity human beings have to endure. Through this time of self study and reflection, through the loss of my Mom, moving and even writing this blog I have learned that everyone has an incredible story of courage in their lives. I feel like everyday someone is sharing their story with me. I am blessed to be able to receive their stories and their words as I work to share mine with all of you. It's an unexpected gift that sharing has given me.
The point is, we ALL go about our day interacting...basic human contact...sometimes by choice like with our family and friends, sometimes out of necessity as we go to the store or make doctor's appointments. Rarely do we stop and think, "I wonder how that persons day is, I wonder how much courage and strength it took them to get out of bed or leave the house today."
Perhaps it's the person you stand next to in line as you wait for coffee, a co-worker who sits next to you, or maybe just someone you pass on the street. Have you given any thought to those around you or are you completely focused on yourself? It really is quite remarkable how we can move through our own life disconnected from the world around us when we are surrounded by so many. I am definitely guilty of this!
Part of what I am doing in my own self study is learning to be part of the moment. This moment is not an egocentric moment. It encompasses everything around me, teaching me not to get caught up in my mind, my thoughts, my busyness...but to become involved completely! Try it...care for yourself and love and encourage others.
Inspirational Thought/Tidbits for and about Life
Do these things and notice how your perspective changes...
Say hello to everyone you encounter, hold the door for someone, smile at a stranger, ask someone how there day was and actually listen to the response, admit when you are not okay and be okay with that, care, sympathize, love, cry, laugh, grieve, let go, move forward, let yourself off the hook, accept your imperfections as part of what make you perfectly you!
Keep working to discover more about yourself and if you are in South Jersey visit this amazing yoga studio where everyone is at home! Take a class, get to know the amazing instructors and enjoy your journey of self discovery, pinklotusnj.com
No comments:
Post a Comment