I had an interesting experience today, on my self study journey, that I thought I would share. Since I moved to Kentucky I have been putting off getting my Kentucky license. One day I didn't feel like it, another day I was "too busy", concern over the fact that the address on my license would no longer match my passport (btw that doesn't matter). Today, I had to get it done. I'm applying to substitute teach in my kids' schools so I needed a background check and a valid Kentucky license.
This morning I was feeling funky... you know that whole tired for no reason, on edge, unmotivated thing that happens. I realized, through some early morning self study, that I was upset about letting go. All of this time that New Jersey license was a part of me that I wasn't ready to let go of yet. It was some sort of anchor to the past. Like, if I can hold on to that one thing life hasn't REALLY changed all that much! I literally dragged myself off the sofa, fluffed my hair, headed to Yoga to help me motivate and went to the judicial center. Well, once I arrived I realized I didn't have all the paperwork I needed. But, I will not be put off, today is the day! I head back to my car, step in a steaming pile of dog poop and think...Yup, the universe does NOT want me to do this today! Well, my friends, it was time. No lack of paperwork or dog poop was going to deter me. I needed to let go. So, I did! Goodbye NJ license, hello Kentucky.
My entire life I've had a problem letting go. I remember as a kid taking straws home from McDonalds because I felt bad letting them go. So, here is the thing. No matter what tethers us in our lives. At some point the time needs to come where we let go. It's hard. It's often painful but each moment is a step. Take small steps each and everyday. I know my next step in letting go, think of something in your own life that you are willing to release! We will do it together!
Namaste My Dear Friends.
Inspirational Thought/Tidbits for and about Life
I could definitely use this quote as a daily reminder in my own life.
“The secret to life is to have no fear. When you can let go of what others think about you, how something is going to turn out, or how your past will affect your future, then you are finally living life free.”
― Shannon L. Alder
Keep working to discover more about yourself and if you are in South Jersey visit this amazing yoga studio where everyone is at home! Take a class, get to know the amazing instructors and enjoy your journey of self discovery, pinklotusnj.com
If you enjoy my blog, please follow my great friend, Kelly, at Mind-Body-Soul Living.
No comments:
Post a Comment