As I set out on this new adventure, the big move “down south”, a few people told me I should start a blog. My initial reaction was why and who would want to hear what I have to say? The weeks began to pass and as I let the idea sit it started to take on a life of it’s own. At first I was going to wait until I had the perfect space in my new home to get started. You know how it goes, storyboards, inspirational quotes everywhere, perfect music, perfect stack of noteworthy books, etc. Well, a few weeks ago I went to a wonderful Yoga class (which let’s face it is hard for me because my heart belongs to Pink Lotus!). Throughout class the instructor kept pulling us back to Svadhyaya or self-study, one of the eight limbs, part of the Niyamas. She said something that I had forgotten…"our comfortable seat is inside us, it travels with us wherever we go, allow yourself to find that comfortable seat in every situation, at every moment throughout your life." Big light bulb…why the heck do I need the “perfect space”? The words are inside me. And now, My Kentucky Life is formed, just like that.
In thinking about creating this blog, I really needed it to have a direction. This move, as well as other aspects of my life that have changed drastically in the past few months (Preview for upcoming blogs fyi), is part of my journey. To learn more about myself and grow but always remain rooted within myself. I hope you enjoy the journey with me, embark on your own journey of self-study and share that journey with me in the comment section. I want to hear all about the realizations in your life. I’m going to keep the tone of the blog as I would teaching a Yoga class. Because let’s face it, I miss teaching a lot right now! Svadhyaya HERE WE COME!
Namaste My Dear Friends.
Inspirational Thoughts/Tidbits for and about Life
"Each day, ACCEPT everything that comes to you
as a gift. At night, mentally give is all back. In this way, you become FREE.
No one can ever take anything from you, for nothing is yours." ~Zen Card
Lake Cumberland, which is a mile from my house, is the houseboat capital of the world! Don’t believe me? Check out the YouTube videos! Lake Cumberland Fun
My brother gives various talks for work and always includes a life lesson, something fun and obvious that we rarely think of so I’m going to share those as well…
“If a woman enters a coffee shop while a gentleman holds the door for her, the woman should offer him her spot in line. Technically it would have been his spot had he not spent the time to hold the door. A true gentleman will decline the offer."
Check out this awesome studio! Take a class, get to know the amazing instructors and enjoy your journey of self discovery, pinklotusnj.com
Check out this awesome studio! Take a class, get to know the amazing instructors and enjoy your journey of self discovery, pinklotusnj.com
Thank you for starting this blog!
ReplyDelete